You are here: Home General information

Terms that are on use on this site.

There are 83 entries in this glossary.
Search for glossary terms (regular expression allowed)
Begins with Contains Exact term Sounds like
All | A | B | C | D | E | F | G | I | J | L | M | N | P | R | S | T | U | V | W


Term Definition
Wohnschein (married individuals)

What to do to get a "Wohnschein":

If your partner joins you in Germany you will need a "Wohnschein" to apply for a family apartment in the StuSie.

To apply for a flat in the student dormitory, you will register online between 15.01-31.03 and 15.07-30.09 every year (it is not possible to register outside this period). You can also visit the individual administrator at the Studentenwerk, Schreiberstrasse 12-16, 79098 FR during office hours.

To obtain the Wohnschein, you will need the following documents:

-marriage certificate
-passport with visa
-flight ticket or reservation of spouse who is coming to Germany
-document of the foreign office (to be obtained at the Ausländerbehörde, Basler Str. 2;, but better call the person who is in charge; goes alphabetical, so check it on the internet and better go there in the early morning)
-stipend documents (letter of invitation, contract, matriculation certificate)
-10 Euros
Once you have all this, go to the Amt für Wohnraumversorgung; Abteilung Wohnung (Auf der Zinnen 1; 3. OG, rechts) and there you will be issued the Wohnschein, which is valid for 1 year. This means you have one year time to move into the next available flat. You do not have to get a new one every year, this one is valid for the whole period you stay in the flat. The Wohnschein is to be submitted at the Studentenwerk.

Glossary 2.64 is technology by Guru PHP

Copyright © 2009-2022 University of Freiburg